Sunday, April 22, 2012

And Then He Was 7

How can this be? I blinked and my oldest is 7. When we learned about our sweet boy, he was just over 1. We met him at 16 months and we have been in love ever since. I thank God daily for bringing Calvin into our lives. He is a kind, smart, big-hearted, compassionate, loving, and incredibly funny.

Dear Calvin,


Happy Birthday, Calvin. I love you more than you will ever, ever know. I'm SO thankful God chose YOU to be in our family. You are courageous and handsome. You have more questions than I can possibly begin to answer - a fact that both amuses and frustrates you. Your sweet cuddles, loving words, and thoughtfulness are just a few of the things that I adore about you. I am amazed and blessed by your big heart as you have repeatedly told us that our family should grow. I can't wait to see you become a big brother again. 


Love always and forever,
Mommy

On this day more than any other, I think of Calvin's birth mom and hope that she somehow knows that he is loved and treasured and safe and healthy and handsome.

Who wouldn't be in love with this sweet guy?! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Calvin.
Boy, did you grow up fast.
Thanks for stopping by my blog via Blog Frog!