Sunday, September 19, 2010

We Belong Together

It's been incredibly emotional for me as I have been pondering the last 4 years. I was positive I wanted to adopt before I even got married but it is SO MUCH more amazing than I could have even imagined! I often have a hard time understanding why more people don't want to adopt - it's simply incredible. My heart overflows with love for my children. I can't imagine life without them and I would lay down my life for them.

We regularly consider if God would have more children to join our family and while we don't know if that is part of His plan for us. But we do know that we will gladly embrace more wonderful blessings as He directs and provides.

As I recounted to the boys the story of meeting them while looking at photos, I was so touched by the spontaneous, strong hug I received from my middle son. He doesn't tend to express his emotions as openly but it was a sincere, long, tight, I-might-never-let-you-go kind of hug. And was reminded that we all belong together and that we all have blessed one another. I held in the tears and hugged him back - thanking God for my precious gifts. 

1 comment:

B.D.Riehl said...

I love this post. I love your heart. I didn't think I would have children of my own and was always planning to adopt. Both of my girls were a huge surprise and still, I can't stop thinking about those faceless children far away that are in my heart...
Thank you for sharing so much of your heart and encouraging us to search our own.