Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A Milestone

I am quite sick today and have been trying to get some rest in between schooling etc. And so I asked my older boys if they thought they could make themselves some lunch. Titus was already asleep beside me - really none of us are feeling very well. They asked what they could have and I suggested PB & J which they readily agreed that they could make. I stayed upstairs in bed and let them go downstairs. I could hear them making their lunch and talking to each other - sweet in and of itself. And then maybe 10 minutes later, Patrick came to my room with a peanut butter sandwich and a tall glass of milk. I nearly cried. It was one of the sweetest, most thoughtful things. And he returned with another sandwich and glass of milk for Titus after he awakened.

Patrick has such a servant's heart. He is great at seeing the needs of others and lately, we've seen him growing by leaps and bounds in his attitude and kindness. I thanked him and then I thanked him again. It meant so much to this tired, sick (and yet, hungry) Mom. So not only did the boys successfully make lunch, Patrick went above and beyond and blessed me.

Oh how I love my boys. What sweet sons.

5 comments:

Heather L. said...

That is wonderful!!! I'm so sorry that you are still so sick. UGH!

liz nelson said...

man, that's so sweet.:) sorry your still sick.:( i'm sick today too. not cool.

Smith Family Blog said...

Aw, that made me teary!

Mama10EE said...

You and Andrew are definitely doing something right with those boys! How sweet of little Patrick to think of his mama and brother.

Monica said...

This made me cry. What a blessing your sons are to you and to one another. There's nothing like family when you're feeling sick.