Thursday, October 29, 2009

Conversations

The boys are so funny to listen to - they have such interesting conversations. :) And not much slips by them...I was on the phone and mentioned to the person I was talking to that I was stopping for coffee because I hadn't had any today and this is what I heard:

P: Hey Calv, Mom didn't have her coffee today so that's why we are stopping here.
C: Ohhh.

We were talking about what they want to be when they grow up:

C: I'm going to be a doctor.
Me: What kind of doctor?
C: Um...a fixin' doctor. I'll fix bones and legs and things. I want to be a fixin' doctor.
Me: That sounds great! You will be helping people.
C: Yeah.
Me: P, what would you like to be?
P: A daddy.
Me: (melting) That's great. Do you know that when you are a daddy that I will be a grandma to your kids?
P: Oh.
Me: Do you want to be anything else?
P: No, just a daddy.
C: I want to be a police officer and help people when there is a fire.
Me: Not a doctor?
C: No, a police officer! I'll be a police officer and a doctor.
Me: Do you want to be a daddy?
C: No, I will save the daddy and kids from the fire.
Me: Sounds good. (Smiling from ear to ear and laughing!)

The days of choosing careers will come soon enough. It's fun to hear them dreaming...

3 comments:

rubia said...

How sweet! I love how kids can be precious and crack us up at the same time. I think I wanted to be a farmer at one point in my younger years. I wonder what amusing conversation may have transpired when I told my mother of my aspirations.

Thanks for sharing.
Laura P.

Thad and Ann said...

cute! They make me smile. :)

Gretchen said...

It is fun to listen to their conversations. How cute.