Saturday, March 17, 2007

Of Intrigue




It occurs to me that there are two very different uses of the word intrigue (in its noun form). More common, it seems to me, is the “the use of underhand machinations or deceitful stratagems.” Actually, now that I look it up, this is the correct noun form. But what we meant when we used intrigue in the subtitle of this blog was a noun-ified version of the verb: “that which arouses the curiosity or interest of by unusual, new, or otherwise fascinating or compelling qualities” (id., paraphrased). And in particular for us, I believe, we meant the little things in life which arouse our interest.

That having been said, here is something that fascinated me this morning – the pattern of cups, bowls, glasses, and lids in our dishwasher! I’ll post two shots – one showing the overall perspective, and another which focuses on the repeating geometric pattern. Enjoy :)

No comments: