Tuesday, June 26, 2007

More Than You Ever Wanted to Know...

Here are some random things about me – I know you didn’t ask to know these but hey, it’s my (er…our) blog:

  1. I’m slightly OCD – discovered this a few years ago…I thought everyone vacuumed their floors in straight lines. (my hubby might argue with the slightly part :)
  2. I LOVE chocolate and ice cream but don’t like twizzlers or potato chips very much.
  3. I’ve been married over 5 years and have 2 sons.
  4. I have been passionate about adoption for as long as I can remember.
  5. I’m under 30 but my husband isn’t. :)
  6. There are 7 kids in my family.
  7. I knew 4 of my great-grandparents.
  8. My extended family is super close – unnatural some might call it but I call it AWESOME!
  9. My best friend is my husband, after that, it’s my incredible sisters.
  10. I came to know Christ personally at the age of 3.
  11. Entertaining, cooking, and baking are some of my favorite things to do – combine all three and you have a stressed-out but very happy lady. :)
  12. I have a weakness for cookbooks and recipes - let's just say 2 shelves wasn't enough...
  13. My favorite vacation ever was to Mexico – well, so far (Kazakhstan was a great trip but NOT a vacation).
  14. Being a mom is the absolute best but also undoubtedly the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
  15. My favorite job of all time was dressing up in costume at Conner Prairie (a living history museum) – so much so that when they offered for me to come back, I jumped at the chance.
  16. My “dream job” (besides being a mom) is to do field (as in, not a desk job) work for the CDC – especially in the area of HIV/AIDS research.
  17. I don’t like talking on the phone, public speaking, making small talk, or big crowds.
  18. I’m terrified of snakes – no really, ask my brothers, dad, husband, and biology students.
  19. I once dreamed that I won the 100-free at the Olympics (I was not expected to win according to the commentators which made victory all the sweeter…oh wait, it was a dream).
  20. Pedicures are the best!
  21. Camping is one of my favorite outdoor activities.
  22. My least favorite foods are olives (black, green & greek), mincemeat, salmon patties, and raw fish.
  23. I strongly disliked my maiden name (Judd – the jokes and questions were unbelievable) and I dislike my married name as much or more (no offense, honey).
  24. I love dishes – all styles, shapes, and colors (what’s that you say?…an addiction…I don’t think so! :)
  25. Cleaning teeth sometimes makes me want to gag.

No comments: