Tuesday, November 07, 2006

One Down

So, I’ve completed my first election as precinct committeeperson. I’m happy to report that all of our numbers added up and the poll closed on time. The poll workers were all wonderful and did a great job. I was mainly responsible for the polling place (confirming, opening, and closing), workers, food, and any problems that need addressed before the next election. It wasn’t bad at all- the only thing I didn't like was getting up extra early to be at the election site by 5:15. I used Panera for almost all the food and it worked out very well. I must admit, I’m quite glad not to live in Delaware County today. What a mess!

All in all, I can’t complain and I’m not dreading the next election which is a good sign. The church we use for a polling place gave away free coffee, bagels, and pastries all day which was so nice. What a great idea and witness. I was impressed with all the members of the congregation that we met and they make wonderful coffee! I must say that being back in “politics” after a several year break really makes me want to be more involved. Next election, I plan to be more informed. Hope you all voted! Happy Election Day!

No comments: