Friday, April 20, 2007

Of Smashed Cockroaches (really only one)

I was working intently at my desk yesterday when a coworker came in, a little breathless. “Would you do something for me?” she asked. “Sure,” I said. It turns out a huge cockroach had invaded our offices and startled her! Now, I haven’t seen many cockroaches, but this was by far the largest I have ever seen. She was not exaggerating when she gestured with her fingers how big it was – at least one and a half to two inches long!

My first stomp missed, and the ‘roach took off moving faster than I could imagine. My second stomp was well aimed, however (I used a little Kentucky windage, which proved helpful) and SPLAT! What a mess. It stuck to the bottom of my shoe, and guts went everywhere. Yuck!

After cleaning up, I walked back to my office, thinking – well, that’s my good deed for the day. I wonder how I should bill my time for that?!

No comments: