Saturday, August 22, 2009

Raspberries!

I went raspberry picking on Thursday with a friend. The berries were gorgeous, delicious, fairly easy to pick, and plentiful! I go nearly every year and this was probably the best I have ever seen. At $2/lb., they are definitely a better deal than the store.

I froze most of them to be used in pies, cobblers, syrups, sauces, and smoothies. I picked 19 1/2 pounds in less than 2 hours. Not bad.

Beautiful, ripe raspberries.

A close up of a red raspberry - they also had golden/yellow raspberries.

My 3 1/2 buckets that equaled 19 1/2 pounds - yay!

Titus went with me (the boys were at school) and after a long struggle and many crackers and cheerios, he finally fell asleep. :)

7 comments:

Jen L said...

Man he has some beautiful eyelashes!
The raspberries look yummy!

Jill said...

I would swear you are supermom! LOL!
If you lived closer I would have you teach me a thing or two about cooking!
Love the pic of Ty and his "to die for" eyelashes!
Hugs, Jill

Courtney said...

Beautiful raspberries and that is a great deal. Enjoy!!

Gretchen said...

Those berries look so yummy! Poor little Titus just wanted to pick some himself. It's hard when they can't run wild when they want to. Cute picture of him sleeping.

Thad and Ann said...

wow, that's a lot of berries in under 2 hours! It's fun to pick when the bushes are loaded. They look yummy!

Jenna said...

Oh yum! There are no berry picking places close to us (I've looked!)... we're too high and too cold here. But they look LOVELY!

Megan said...

I showed Kc your pictures of the buckets of raspberries and he exuded jealousy. It's his favorite berry and would eat them everyday if they weren't so dang expensive. We pay $3 per/4 oz container down here in the scorching land that is called Texas.