Monday, September 28, 2009

Homeschool Corner

We have an upstairs loft and I've converted a small corner of it into our designated school area. Typically, we do homeschool preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm also using it as an area to showcase some of the boys' art work. They are very pleased about that!

Both boys LOVE worksheets. They would rather sit and do a worksheet than just about anything else. They are very serious about them. And proud to show me their finished work.

They are practicing writing letters and numbers, tracing, cutting, and coloring. We are also working on letter sounds, counting, singing, learning Bible verses and our address. We enjoy reading, too. Not all of that happens each day but it's some of what we have been doing. And last week was pretty miserable on the homeschool front but we are back at it. :)

3 comments:

Monica said...

This looks great, Alaina! I don't know what kids would not want to learn in a spot like this. Just wondering, do you have a hard time keeping them out of the stuff when school's not in session? That's always been a problem for me.

Margaret said...

When I was there last week, Titus was the one getting into stuff, no surprise there. ;)

Alaina said...

Hey Monica, I definitely have more trouble keeping Titus out of it then the other boys! And I'm usually right around during play time to keep an eye on things. :) The big boys are really pretty good about it.