Saturday, June 05, 2010

Garage Sale-ing & Picnic

I don't garage sale much but today I went out for a couple of hours. I went to the nice neighborhood where our friends are having their adoption fundraiser (I actually pre-shopped there yesterday and found some things for the boys :)).

Anyway, for $6, I got a closet shelving unit, 2 shorts, 2 shirts (for my big boys), and a brand-new 6-pack of dry erase markers. Not bad. And that is why I like garage sale-ing. I do not, however, plan to host a garage sale ever again as you may recall that I made a grand total of $12 last time I tried. :)

We planned to build our swing set today but the rain has pre-empted our plans. Later this afternoon, we are going to our adoption agency's annual picnic! We haven't been in a couple of years so we are looking forward to it! (Below is a picture of our family from the picnic - it was June 2007 that we last went. Our family looks a bit different now.)

We were their first completed domestic adoption with Titus and probably about their last placement of two unrelated kiddos for Kazakhstan. We feel incredibly grateful to them for their help in growing our family and placing us with three amazing boys!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I can't have a garage sale either- it is so odd. You put out your worst junk and then have to deal with price hagglers and obnoxious shoppers (like the ones that show up 2 hours early).Oh well, at least you can find deals at garage sales!