Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Workout Buddies

My kids are morning people...me...not so much. :) So, I typically do my workout after they are up which is interesting. Two of them (the oldest and youngest) peel off their shirts to workout with me and the middle one critiques them. The oldest makes fun of the workout host while giggling and the youngest has to be stopped from jumping on me when I'm on the ground. Yesterday, the car alarm was set off and two of the doors were opened while I was working out (from the key fab). Yes...interesting... However, they are very motivational in that they are excited about it every morning, so there's a plus. :)

The first week of my new health/fitness plan is going great! I'm doing a combo of high impact (30-day Shred) and lower impact (pilates). I have found in the past that doing straight high impact is too hard on my previously (and sadly, permanently) injured back and neck, so I alternate days. I'm feeling the workouts which is precisely the point.

I'm eating lower carb, lower fat, and lots of fresh - not a diet just consistently healthier choices. My daily breakfast, which I'm eating regularly (a good thing in and of itself), has been nonfat plain yogurt, blueberries, and flax seed. It's delicious and includes some of the dairy I need to be including in my diet (I'm not a milk drinker).

All in all, successful so far. Hoping for continued success and motivation! While we generally eat fairly healthy and lead at least a somewhat active lifestyle (we have three boys after all :)), it was important to me to be more deliberate about health and fitness. I would like to be in better shape and just chasing the kids wasn't enough!  So, there you have it - that's the report from week 1. :)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is hysterical! You have to be very motivated to focus with the kiddos running around. Way to go!

I do not drink milk either, eeek!

Gretchen said...

Way to go! I love agave syrup in my plain yogurt. Yum.

Thad and Ann said...

Too funny! Way to go exercising with them. I can't do it, my youngest critiques ME.:) No thanks.:)
Way to go!