Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My Gymnast

A lot of people tell me that my boys look alike and I suppose it's somewhat true. I think it's because they have the same ethnicity more than anything. Anyway, there is one very major difference between them - Calvin is flexible and Patrick is not, not even a little.

Calvin flips, turns somersaults, stands on his head, and even attempts cartwheels. He cannot stay still for very long. He contorts his body (and has the ability to!) and stands up smiling. He doesn't care if anyone is watching, he just loves to do gymnastics. I'm seriously thinking about putting him in a tumbling class. I think he would love it!

Patrick, on the other hand, is so unflexible that I feel a little sorry for him. He has trouble putting his own socks and shirt on. He is just that solid. Perhaps he will be our linebacker. At least he doesn't seem to mind at this point.

They are so different and I love that! They have different strengths and weaknesses that compliment one another. It's fun to see!

No comments: