Dear Door-to-door salesmen:
1) Don't ever, ever ring my doorbell early in the afternoon; my kids are napping.
2) I will be grumpy if you do.
3) If your product is SO good, have a brochure to leave me.
4) If you don't have a brochure, I will never buy from you.
5) I'm not going to buy something expensive without consulting my husband.
6) I will pretty much never buy anything over $5 at the door.
7) I will only buy things from neighbor kids.
8) Don't act like you know me.
9) Don't flatter me. It won't work.
10) I can say no and I mean no.
11) Don't be rude when I decline your offer.
12) Actually, don't bother to come at all.
An annoyed mother, homeowner, and consumer