Monday, October 06, 2008

New Feature!

I'm so happy to introduce a new weekly feature on my blog! I've been planning it since July but put it on hold when we found out about #3. :) The idea really sparked from all the wonderful and inspiring conversations and blog posts that center around food, cooking, baking, gardening, and food preservation often as it relates to our families, friends, and celebrations. I know there may be few who participate but I'll give it a try anyway! :) So without further adeiu...

Keeping Creative Kitchens will be hosted here every Thursday. Feel free to share a new recipe (either your own creation or a new-to-you-recipe), favorite recipe, a success, tablescape/centerpiece, short-cut, ingredient, tradition, book, tool or gadget, food photos, recipe website or any thing else that keeps you inspired in your kitchen. It has often been said that the heart of the home is the kitchen. The goal of this feature is to encourage and learn from one another as we nourish our families, entertain, and bless others.

I hope you'll join in weekly or occasionally and share your knowledge and creativity. I know I'm always looking for new ideas! The kitchen is one of my favorite spots and I love all things related to dishes, cookbooks, and creating new recipes. My hope is that we can share our triumphs (or well-intentioned flops) and our ideas to inspire one another. It's about keeping it simple, keeping it real, keeping it fresh, and keeping it creative! Hope to see you on Thursday!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Thats a great idea!

Heather L. said...

Sounds great! can't wait to figure something out to participate :)

Mama10EE said...

Fantastic! I may not be able to contribute much, but I already have a post ready for Thursday! :)