Monday, June 22, 2009

Conversations with Calvin

I don't want to forget the precious conversations I have with my little boys. Here are a few featuring Calvin. I'm working on one recording conversations with Patrick, too!

Recently, C had been very disrespectful and disobedient and needed disciplined so I took him to the nearest private area to deal with it. After he received his punishment, he was crying with real sorrow.

C: (sob) You still love me?
Me: Oh yes, I always love you, that's why I cannot allow you to disobey and be disrespectful. It does not honor God.
C: (huge sob) God still love me?
Me: (trying not to burst into tears at his tender heart) Yes, He does and He desires you to do the right things.

God has been working in his heart in amazing ways in the last couple of weeks. He is asking so many good questions about God and Heaven. Today he told me he wanted to hug God and so he wrapped his arms around an invisible something and held on tight.

C was quite fearful of the storm the other night and our conversation went like this:
Me: (with my arms wrapped around him) Who made the rain?
C: (with confidence) God did.
Me: That's right and He is watering the earth. Who made the wind?
C: God did.
Me: Right. And who made the thunder.
C: Bad men.
Me: :) - No, God made the thunder, too.
C: Oh.
Me: Who made the lightening?
C: Bad men.
Me: No, who made it?
C: (with a grin) God did.

Also on rain:
C: God has a big, big cup and He fills it with water. He dumps it and we have a rain.

Me: Who were the friends you made at camp?
C: (arms outstretched) Too many friends!
Me: What were their names?
C: (with fingers outstretched) Alot, alot of names.

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Emily asked Calvin about camp and he said something to the affect of "where were you?" :)

Heather said...

Priceless!