Thursday, August 23, 2007

Movies & Sleep

Well, we are going to have to wean the boys off videos after all of this is over! Calvin's favorites are Thomas the Tank Engine and Shrek. We must have watched Thomas 8 or 9 times in the PICU - basically most of the night. Movies have been lifesavers for us - keeps Calvin distracted from pain, from rough play, and from not being being able to eat everything. I'll admit that I'm getting a bit tired of repeating the same movies. :)

Calvin will also have to adjust to not sleeping with us. He has slept with one of us constantly so we can monitor him and keep him from injuring himself in his sleep. I'm hoping to try a soft side pack 'n play in our room tonight or tomorrow.

He ate 3 tubes of yogurt this afternoon! We are going to try soup tonight. He also took a longer nap today which was great! He is starting to tolerate his medicines a little better and allowed me to clean the surgical area more thoroughly this afternoon. Hopefully he will keep up the improvements.

I'm working on catching up pictures on the boys' blog so feel free to check them out.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I'm so glad you are all doing well... I pray each day gets a little easier!