Friday, May 16, 2008

Farmer's Market Finds

I went to the organic & natural farmer's market today at Trader's Point Creamery and here are my purchases:

1 approx. 3# whole chicken (yes, I'm making myself do the whole chicken :)) - $2.85/lb.
1 lb. breakfast sausage - $3.50
1 bunch asparagus - $4.00
1 bag mixed mustard greens - $5.00
1 bag pea shoots - $3.00

The pea shoots are new greens to me. The farmer let me try them before buying and they are delicious! He said you can use them in stir-frys, salads, etc. but not really in soups. They taste kind of like fresh spring peas. Yum!

All in all, a productive trip. The organic chicken will feed us for at least 3 meals as will all the different greens, the sausage for 2-3, and the asparagus for 2-3. This was the first market held outside this year and it was a beautiful day to be there!

No comments: