Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day & Things

Today I am thankful for the many men and women who have protected our country and sacrificed their lives over the years. I'm thankful for those currently serving in the military all over the world. I am thankful for their courage and bravery.

We've had a delightful day at our annual C. family picnic. We enjoyed wonderful food (ate too much!), great fellowship, and lots of play time at the park. The boys had a very good time but were exhausted and we had a melt-down when we got home. :) After a quick supper and bath, they are tucked in for the night. Let's hope all the excitement means they will sleep in! (I'm not holding my breath. :)) Here are a few pictures from the day:


Oh and I'm excited that today launched the first day of recipe collection for a C. family cookbook - I can't wait to see all the submissions! We have absolutely amazing cooks in our family and every gathering features delicious food! I will be working on the book with a couple of other family members.

Finally, I blogged on the boys' blog today - I've been neglecting it of late...

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Great pictures! i like that one of Wesley and your Grandma (I think). I'm glad you're going to get started on that cookbook!

Paula said...

Looks like a fun day.
I saw the boys pics in the KAZ cookbook. So cute!