Friday, May 30, 2008

Proud New Owners

Well, we have finally made the mini-van commitment. We are now the proud owners of a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Touring. After much consideration, we decided that our budget could not handle a Honda or Toyota (at least as new as we preferred). So we researched all the other options and the Town & Country seemed to get the best reviews.

We went to test drive one last night and unexpectedly came home with it. :) It is white (the color I didn't want :)) but the deal was unbelievably good! We ended up trading in our '91 Honda Accord for way more than we could have sold it for and negotiated the price down further. We love the new van and our kids are thrilled! It has leather seats, DVD, stow-and-go seating, and power everything. Anyway, we are thankful for God's provision of a vehicle for a better price than we imagined.

I never thought I would be driving a mini-van - I was an SUV girl all the way. And I never imagined that I would be driving a white, non-Honda mini-van. But you know, it doesn't matter. I'm thankful and my children are way more important than my "ideal" vehicle. :) Travel will be fun this summer!

7 comments:

Heather L. said...

Wow! How exciting! I had no idea it would happen this fast! Can't wait to hear how to get a good deal!

Catherine said...

Hey, you met your deadline! :) Congratulations! The nice thing about white is that it won't get as hot in the sun in the summer. At least, that is what I used to tell myself about my white Accord that didn't have AC. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool. I love getting a good price. I know what you mean about never wanting to drive a minivan or a white one.

We just joined the ranks of the large family vehicle crowd. We got a Toyota minivan (older than yours). It's taken me some time getting used to the size, but I'd been driving a Toyota Camry for 8 years.

When our kids are all grown and off on their own, we can get our "cool" car! (Though my parents have been empty-nesters for years now and they still have a minivan-but now it's for the grandkids.)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was also going to say that once, years ago, my grandparents were "just going to look" at a new car and they ended up buying (or leasing) one that day. The car salesman drove back to their house with them so they could get their checkbook! (Those guys know what they're doing.)

Joshua said...

u r now a SOCCER MOM!

CityStreams said...

We just got our first mini-van too! I know what you mean about being an SUV girl. I never thought I'd drive one of these before 2015! I feel old! But these things are amazing at hauling people around! I had fun carting the other science teachers to lunch during post-planning.

Smith Family Blog said...

This is funny! I've always said I never wanted a mini-van-- but when we looked at the T&C, it won me over! Unfortunately, only the Toyota mini-vans have all-wheel drive, which is a necessity on the snowy country roads to the church. I love our new SUV, but I envy the ease of the T&C!