Friday, March 26, 2010

Remembering to Trust

Even before the smoke damage to our house, it had been a challenging several weeks for many reasons. I have found myself feeling incredibly stressed out lately and continually trying to turn it over to God. I feel like I have many more questions than answers. It has been difficult and I'm not complaining, just noting (many people have it much worse and I'm well aware of that). And quite honestly, there are many things I simply have not talked about here or anywhere for that matter. Remembering to trust is hard.

So, today I'm reminding myself to trust because all I really want to do is crawl back in bed and have a good cry. But I believe that all things happen for a reason - even when I don't understand the reason. I'm thankful for so many things and here is a list of a few things I'm incredibly grateful for on this Friday:

- My parents graciously letting us (and our dog) stay with them this week - if you know my mom, you know that it is incredibly kind of her to tolerate our dog.
- Pippi being exceptionally well behaved.
- Andrew having several cases he worked on come down in their favor.
- Winning an entire set of Wilton Gold Bakeware.
- Friends that make me laugh.
- My sweet husband and boys who constantly remind me how blessed I am.
- Much better health for all of us.
- Spring Break and lots of fun, local plans for next week!

It's good to focus on the blessings...that's what I'm choosing to do today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, my therapist reminded me to focus on the good. You'r so right that it's very difficult when times are troubled.