Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Take Comfort

There are two sort of comforting things I have been told during this process:

1) "This happens. It's happened to me. It happens to a lot of people and it's okay. We will take care of you." After wishing I had listened to my own caution, it's good to hear. I will make chicken stock again but not for 24 hours or even overnight despite many people having success with that. For me, it's not worth the risk.

2) "You are clean people." I so often feel frustrated with the clutter and chaos that this made me feel a tiny bit good that our house didn't seem dirty to them. :)

The care with which our insurance company, cleaning company, and laundry company have treated us has been incredible. Every single person has been so kind - you can tell that they deal with people who have experienced huge loss. And while ultimately we will not lose much, it has been such a blessing to be treated with such concern.

We try always to be glass half-full, silver-lining people and we are finding that it helps tremendously in this situation. We are blessed. We are thankful.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I would never believe that you are anything but clean people!

Wonderful that people are being so nice to you, makes it all easier!