Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dinner at Our House


It's Valentine's Week! Last year, we put the boys to bed and had dinner and a movie at home. It was a wonderful change of tradition and so enjoyable that we are repeating it this year! And though we don't typically make a big deal of this holiday, I decided to have a little Valentine's Party for the boys' friends on Wednesday. We are all looking forward to it! We will decorate cookies, exchange Valentines, and make individual pizzas. It will be a full week with our many commitments, so I've tried to keep the menu simple. I think everything can be to the table in about 30-45 minutes every night (with the exception of the rolls on Friday).

MONDAY - Taco Soup, Tortilla Chips, Applesauce
TUESDAY - Tandori Chickens Tender w/Peanut Dipping Sauce, Steamed Broccoli, Grapes
WEDNESDAY - White Fish w/Orange Sauce, Wild Rice, Green Beans
THURSDAY - Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
FRIDAY - (Our Valentine's Dinner) Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Asparagus, Homemade Rolls, & Caramel Machiato Cheesecake (I'll probably do a couple of appetizers since we will be eating so late - Honey Fruit & Nut Brie & Goat Cheese Flatbread w/ Balsamic Greens)
SATURDAY - Spaghetti w/meat sauce, Garlic bread, Salad or Out w/Family
SUNDAY - Bagel Egg Sandwiches, Fruit Salad, Oven Fries

Have a wonderful week! Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu plans.

11 comments:

Paula said...

I have to tell you, we had your sloppy joe's tonight and they were fabulous! thanks so much :)

Sandra said...

Wow, great menu, thank you for sharing :)

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

The appetizers look very yummy! I am sure your boys will enjoy the party...sounds fun!

Happy Valentines Week!

Blessings,
Bella

Monica said...

I've never heard of Tandori sauce. What is it and where do you get it? I'd like to try that recipe:)

Your Valentine's Dinner looks beyond wonderful. Enjoy!!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Looks like a great menu. Enjoy your at-home date with your hubby. We do the same thing. :) Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia - What's for Dinner?

Alaina said...

Paula - So glad you liked the sloppy joes!

Monica - Tandori is an Indian seasoning, I believe. Look for it in the spice or international area of the grocery store. I haven't made this recipe for a long time but I remember it being good!

Nicole said...

Great menu this week! :)

Anonymous said...

That cheesecake recipe sounds SO good! I can't believe I almost forget V-Day is Thursday. I'll have to find some equally yummy dessert to make for my hubby. :-)

Connie said...

My husband would love the Tandori Chicken Tenders!

Have a great week!!

Jen said...

I think that is so fun that you are having a Valentine's party...I wanna come!! :) Last year Valentine's snuck up on me and I didn't really do anything, this year I will not allow that to happen. I think I have having a girl's night that night..were you around when we use to do that with Meg and Micah and other girl's? It was such fun...

Unknown said...

I love the idea of appetizers and a movie for Valentine's Day. Thank you for the suggestion.

The cheesecake recipe looks too good to be true. I can't wait to try it.