Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Week Menu


This will be a very full week for us! We will be celebrating alot and enjoying wonderful time with family and friends. First, I want to share two seasonal recipes - Amy recommended these pumpkin pancakes so I made them tonight for my family and they were fantastic (seriously, best pancakes ever!) and I also made pumpkin cranberry crumb muffins for our breakfasts this week! And I will be making pumpkin cheesecake for our Saturday gathering - we love pumpkin!

So here's the plan for this fun week:
Monday: Mexican Lasagna, Guacomole & Chips, Salad

Tuesday: Lentil Soup, Biscuits, Applesauce

Wednesday: Leftovers (hors'devours w/sibs after Thanksgiving service - Honey Fruit & Nut Brie, Tomato Caprese on Bread, Veggies & Dip, Fruit)

Thursday noon (pitch-in at my parents): Cherry Pie, French Silk Pie, Pecan Pie, Blueberry-Raspberry Pie - can you tell I'm responsible for some of the pie? :), Catherine's Sweet Potato Cranberry Streusel Casserole

Thursday evening (my in-laws will be coming): Thanksgiving Sandwich, Corn & Potato Chowder, Baked Sweet Potato Chips, Salad

Friday: Snacky food, egg nog - we will be decorating our Christmas tree during the day! In the evening, we will spend time with friends from highschool - not sure what I will take, yet...

Saturday (extended family gathering): Pumpkin White Chocolate Cheesecake, Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake, Double Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies (I'm responsible for some of the dessert), Cheese, Crackers

Sunday: Leftovers

I think that's it! Lots of baking this week which I love but don't get to do very often anymore! Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu plans. I've also been adding recipes to my recipe blog so feel free to check it out.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week, and looks like you'll have your hands, and oven full!

I think those Double Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies need to come home with me . . . warmed and crumbled on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream of course!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Best,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds great! I am excited about pumpkin pancakes & think I need to try them. :)

I'm really looking forward to decorating our Christmas tree. We're going to visit the DH's parents in Co but as soon as we get home- it's time for a tree and decorations! Have fun Friday!

-Sea

Heidi Boos said...

Everything looks so amazing and I am also a fan of pumpkin. I'll have to try out those pumpkin pancakes...they sound awesome! And the chocolate chip toffee cookies...somebody stop me! Thanks for all the yummy links...

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! I'm always on the lookout to incorporate more of pumpkin and I love making cheesecakes. :D I made a Mocha one for our Sunday Thanksgiving dinner at church. :D Thanks for sharing your menu and links for recipes! :D

Have a great day!
Sherry
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8

Unknown said...

Pumpkin & Cheesecake!??!

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the great ideas.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Have fun with the family and friends this week.