We've been seriously contemplating cancelling our home phone and relying solely on our cell phones.
There are a few things that are keeping us from it:
1) We are attached to our phone number - crazy, I know. BUT it identifies us as residents of our town since the post office doesn't handle our mail.
2) We like not being reachable by everyone at all times. No offense. :)
3) We are a little old-fashioned and just like the idea of a home phone.
4) We are concerned that we would need to significantly increase our monthly cell minutes which might not save us much in the end.
Reasons we are considering cutting it:
1) We want to decrease monthly expenses - this is, of course, the #1 and main reason.
2) Most people have our cell numbers and use them.
3) We are not attached to the MANY sales, donation, and other calls we receive.
So...any thoughts on this decision? Have any of you made that decision (to cancel your home phone...not to never sign up for it)? Also, more generally, if you only use your cell phones, do you like it?
I'm sure it seems a bit ridiculous that it's such big deal for us but it really is...for both of us! :)