Friday, January 09, 2009

Another Ramble

I did it...I had 7 or 8 inches cut off my hair. It feels familiar and I love it! It's just perfect for the current amount of personal time I have (or don't have). :) It's about chin length - I'll post a picture just as soon as the computer and camera will successfully connect. :)

Andrew and I are having a date night out tonight. We are having dinner and then going to see Marley & Me. It's a last minute plan but I'm so excited that we are going out!

I worked today and had my 5 year review - it's hard to believe it's been that long. I feel so privileged to work with great people and for a wonderful boss. Over the years, I've gone from 2 1/2 days to 3 1/2 days to 3 days to 1/2 day. :) It's worked out better than I could have imagined! I absolutely love being a hygienist.

Pictures of the kitchen will be posted soon (when the above problem is fixed). I ended up spending a lot of time there trying to figure out a better system and getting rid of things I'm not using. It feels great! It makes me want to cook up a storm. :)

Other areas are coming along okay - tomorrow will be a big day of continuing the cleaning and organizing. It's seriously cleansing to purge out all the unnecessary things that have accumulated. I'm exhausted but enjoying the process - I feel like I'm finally at a point where I know what I need to keep and what I should get rid of.

The boys keep us busy. We've been having some recent trouble with multiple trips up at night by the big boys. It's exhausting - hopefully this phase will end as quickly as it came. They are all doing well and we still (really, always :)) can't believe that we have these three precious blessings from the Lord. They make us smile daily - we love to see all the individual personalities developing.

That's it for this Friday. I wish I had pictures to post. Soon, very soon. And I promise, more interesting posts in the future. :)

3 comments:

Heather L. said...

Can't wait to see your hair!

Kim said...

Hope you had a great date night and the movie was good. I hear grown men sob during that movie, you will have to let me know. I am going to read the book soon.

Kim

Jennifer said...

Oh Alaina, I LOVE your posts! I would never ever think of them as rambly or uninteresting. :-) Seriously- I always smile and feel a little bit more joyful when I finish reading whatever you write. And hungry on your menu days. :-)

Can't wait to see the hair!