Sunday, January 18, 2009

MPM: Original Recipe Week


Last week was great - my menu plan worked for me and we enjoyed everything. I did have to change the black bean tart to black bean quesadillas due to time crunch but they were still good. This week (and for the next few weeks), I want to work on some recipe development and tweeking - I not only have the goal of working on a personal cookbook this year but I also plan to enter some original recipes in a couple of contests. I don't have illusions of winning anything but I think it will be fun to try!

Mexican Lasagna, Fruit
Thanksgiving Sandwich, Baked Beet & Sweet Potato Chips, Fruit
Sausage Bean Soup, Cheese & Herb Biscuits, Salad
Baked Chicken, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Salad
Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup, Crackers, Applesauce

I'm also planning to create some new cookies this week - if they turn out, I will post the recipe on my recipe blog. Should be a great week of experimentation and enhancing recipes! Thanks to Laura for hosting Menu Plan Monday every week! I've been menu planning for about 1 1/2 years and it has made such a difference! Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Jodee said...

Alaina -- Your Mexican lasagna recipe looks delicious! We also plan our meals every week and we couldn't live any other way!

Please don't worry about sending a thank you! I just hope you were able to use what I sent for your little man!

Have a great week!

A. said...

Mexican Lasagna sounds wonderful. I think I'll add it to my rotation next week. Yum!

Anonymous said...

The Thanksgiving Sandwich looks really good. I am going to definitely try it!