I'm still feeling a bit sappy today after my two sappy posts yesterday. :) I'm not generally super emotional...only sometimes. I'll try to spare you the sap - here are some noteable things of late:
- Sisters are THE BEST! All of mine were around this weekend for my brother's graduation and it was just great. I miss that we don't get to spend as much time together anymore.
- My 2nd youngest brother graduated from highschool. I'm so proud of him! He is headed to college in the fall and was accepted into a very competitive architecture program.
- My older boys finish their first year of school. This one makes me sad. I can't believe we are already to this point! I missed their first day of school because their baby brother decided to make his unexpected entrance a couple of days before, but I'll be there on Thursday for their final day of the year. What a wonderful year it's been. They have thrived and it's been a joy to watch. (See, there I'm getting sappy again - someone stop me, please!)
- We are headed to Chicago this coming weekend for the Green Festival. We went last year and had a good time, learned a lot, and networked. Andrew is looking forward to more networking and I'm looking forward to lots of coupons, cool samples, and hopefully hearing Alice Waters again.
- Andrew is going on a business trip for 4 days next week. I think this will be the longest trip he has taken since kids and quite frankly, I'm a little nervous. I'm going to be planning some activities during the day to fill some of the time and to wear them out (because as I previously noted, it's their first week of summer break).
I think that's about it for now. Lots going on! I'm enjoying these few moments that the kids are all napping - it won't last much longer. :) I'm thinking homemade pizza for supper tonight, I can't wait!