Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happenings from the Week!

I unexpectedly made the boys morning. :) I gave them our old cordless phones (without batteries) and told them they could have them. They looked at me a bit incredulously as I assured them that they could indeed play with them! They are happy campers carrying around their phones and having countless conversations complete with pauses, 'no', 'um', 'hello' and many, many words that I don't understand. :) They also hold the phone exactly like I do - how funny. :) Really, you would think I gave them the moon - I love surprising them! Their smiles and delight are so much fun! Every once in awhile I have one of those, "aha, what a great idea" moments that I'm so grateful for (last week it was the solo cups :)).





In other news - Patrick tried to thread a belt through his diaper. Now that is determination to wear a belt!
Also, we made a return to the Children's Museum on Tuesday after a couple of months hiatus. What a difference two months makes - the boys were so obedient and just did a great job! I was so proud of them. We even went to the story time and singing time - they especially loved the story (Brown Bear, Brown Bear).
And - yay, for fall! I love the cooler days! We went raspberry picking at an orchard yesterday and it was just beautiful!

3 comments:

Micah said...

The boys are so cute! Does Calvin even have a scar??? He looks amazing!! I wish we had a couple extra phones! Every once in a while I unplug the wall phone for Olivia to play with :).

Did you hear we're moving?!? It's official!!! Brad accepted a job with the firm Jon used to work for. We'll be there in 3 weeks!!! I can't wait to be so close to you again!!! :) :)

p.s. now we just have to get Jen home :)

Alaina said...

Are you kidding?! Hooray!!!! I'm so excited! Please send me details! That totally made my day!

Heather said...

Love the post!! The pictures are amazing.