Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Trader Joe's

Do any of you shop at Trader Joe's? It's not the most convenient for me but I LOVE that store! I desperately needed to get out of the house this evening (Andrew was working late), so I packed the boys up and headed to the store. We really like their cereal (the maple pecan clusters granola is awesome!) and we were almost out.

The boys probably think it's the greatest store ever because I let them each push one of the child carts and that's what we put the groceries in. We didn't need very much (other than cereal) but we meandered through the store checking out various items. Andrew and I love Trader Joe's sparkling waters especially the grapefruit and orange so I picked up one of each. We also brought home a wholegrain baking mix, organic mac 'n cheese for quick lunches, and some organic plain yogurt. Sometimes I buy cheese there - they have an awesome variety. They also have delicious hummus. And if you are a wine drinker, they have many different kinds, very reasonably priced.

They also have great eco-friendly reusable bags - they range from .99 to 1.99 and they even have insulated bags. The one pictured here is the one I bought today - itsn't it cute?! I really like that stores are offering these type of bags but this is by far the coolest one I have ever seen! Now if only I can remember to bring it with me when I shop!

So that was our outing for the evening. Oh, I forgot to mention that we also came home with 4 balloons - the boys made a few friends along the way. :)

5 comments:

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Yes! I LOVE TJs!!!! I haven't found one close, but it would be worth the drive if I can find one somewhere in Dallas. The granola is my favorite, too.

Mary said...

Ahhh, I desperately miss Trader Joe's!
I have loved your last several posts and kept meaning to comment. Talking about the Farmer's Market makes me envious. We have alot of fresh produce, just not always the same kind you can get back in the states. And since arriving we have also started recycling (at first because they require us to but now because it is a good thing to do). I bought two grocery bags at one of the local "dollar" stores and much prefer using those over the ones at the disposable. All that to say, I whole heartedly agree with you on your posts.

Catherine said...

I always forget to go to Trader Joes, but I do like it. Do you know if they have organic cheese?

Alaina said...

Catherine, I don't remember if they have organic or not - I'm guessing they probably have some. I haven't looked for that specifically. Trader's Point Creamery does have organic cheese.

Amy K said...

Yes, love TJs too. It's a California original and I've shopped there since I was a little girl. Probably the thing I buy there the most is the Two Buck Chuck wine for cooking. :) That's usually when I go, when I need some of that, then I pick up other stuff. I'm with you--there's so much yummy stuff there.