Friday, September 07, 2007

Warning, Please

So, I think you should warn people if you snore. When Calvin returned to the hospital for the stitch removal, he had a roommate the night before surgery. This sweet little girl and her mom were in the other half of the room. They were such a nice family – their little girl was from China and though she was older than Calvin, she made him look like a giant! We visited with them throughout the evening and I was feeling a little nervous about two toddlers sharing a room. I wondered if any of us would be able to sleep!

Well, the kids went to bed just fine – Calvin woke up but I already told you about that. I was having some trouble sleeping when I heard a little snoring; I got up to check to make sure it wasn’t Calvin - he was sleeping peacefully. Suddenly, the snoring escalated. People, it was like freight train going through the small hospital room. I have never heard such awful sounds. It was incredible! I could not sleep. I tried plugging my ears, putting my pillow over my head, and thinking about something else - all of that did pretty much nothing to block the horrific sounds. Thankfully, the kids slept through it.

Finally, I caught a few hours of sleep. Quite frankly, I think that if you snore, you should have your husband stay instead. I also think you should warn your roommate that you snore. And I just have to say, her husband probably had the best night of sleep he has ever had since he married her unless, of course, he snores, too.

WARN PEOPLE IF YOU SNORE!

No comments: