Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thoughts

My heart rejoices with Amy who is now in the presence of her Savior but grieves for the family and friends she left behind. I know Amy only through her blog which I have read for the past several months. I have been challenged and encouraged by her steadfast faith and love for the Lord despite trials that most of us can't imagine. Amy battled cancer for the past 14 months; she fought hard. Please keep her husband and 21 month old son in your prayers.

I am so excited for Jeff and Abbey as they welcome their son into their family. They are also blog friends (we've never met in person) but I came across their blog when they were just beginning the adoption process. Their adorable son is from Taiwan. Congrats Lands - we are so happy for you and so thrilled that another beautiful child has found a forever family! God bless all three of you!

And finally, I remember clearly this day 6 years ago. I was at work when the planes hit the World Trade Center. What a terrifying day! Please take time to say thank you to those serving our country, to remember those who have given their lives for our freedom, and to say a prayer for the families that lost loved ones so unexpectedly on 9/11.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful message of remembering and caring for others. We are so blessed. God has brought two wonderful little boys to our family, and we are so pleased and happy.
Love you,
Grandma Judd

Amy K said...

I'm glad you mentioned Amy W.--I hadn't checked her blog in a while. So sad but so precious to see their faith in the midst of this.