Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life

I think we have continued to battle some kind of virus which has made most of us just not feel the best. Titus has had a rough couple of nights - restless and up more frequently than usual which of course means we are even more exhausted than usual. He also has projectile spit-up more than I thought he possibly could after two feedings today. I'm hoping that's the end of that...it wasn't the first time but it was exceptionally awful. So laundry is in, nipples and pacifiers are boiled, and Ty is getting a little extra TLC. He is getting bigger (though still wearing newborn size and just starting into the 3 month stuff :)) and more alert all the time and is such a sweetie. He loves being held and he loves interacting with people which pleases Calvin and Patrick. Patrick always suggests that we take Ty with us when we go anywhere (as if we'd leave him! :)) and Calvin gives him so many kisses, rubs his head, and makes sure he is okay. It's adorable!

Today I went raspberry picking and froze them (only a few pounds), shopped for wedding gifts, made dinner, and cleaned the kitchen. I think I have felt more energetic this evening than I've felt since Ty's birth. I'm hopeful we are on the upward swing of routine etc. And I'm hoping that in the next several weeks Ty will start sleeping through the night... :) That's it around here - rather boring. Tomorrow we are planning to visit Great-Grandma J. (providing we are well enough) and I have a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law. Andrew is swamped at work which is keeping him working long hours - we miss him but I'm so grateful for his work that provides and his commitment to doing his work well!

4 comments:

Thad and Ann said...

oh, I hope Ty feels better soon! I smile at your older two...they are just sweethearts! I have wanted to ask you what you needed for Ty, I want to send you something & would rather it be something you really want or need. :) Let me know, Ok. :)

Monica said...

Sorry you are all sick:( Hopefully you are on the upswing now. It must feel good to be finding your new "normal".

Heather L. said...

Sorry about the sickness, etc. That's not fun. Ty is so cute! I'm so glad the boys just LOVE him!!!

Jenna said...

What a sweet older brother to remind you to bring Ty with you!