Monday, September 22, 2008

Mommy Brain

At 10:25 tonight, I realized that I had rescheduled Calvin's speech therapy for 4 p.m. today. Yeah, I totally and completely spaced it - we were definitely not there. It's disconcerting to me that I didn't even remember until I happened to see an e-mail I had written on Friday to our therapist (thankfully she is also a personal acquaintance and is very kind).

I can only blame it on mommy brain - I'm exhausted and evidently thinking and remembering is not my strong suit. So let me just apologize ahead of time - if I forget something we scheduled, please don't hold it against me. And if we currently have plans, you might want to e-mail me. I'm going to have to dig out my calendar and get back to recording everything. Ugh. I'm so embarrassed.

4 comments:

CityStreams said...

Don't sweat it! We've all done that before. I almost did it myself yesterday. When I remembered the 3:45 appt for Bri's one year check-up, I was in the middle of class. I was so flustered that I whipped out my phone in front of my students and texted my husband so that I wouldn't forget.

Gretchen said...

I am right there with you!! I used to be so on top of things but now, forget it. I can barely remember to put all the kids in the car when we leave. LOL!

Erin K. said...

I'm having trouble with this as well, and have thought about getting this calendar to see if it will help me be more organized. Our problem right now is that DH and I keep separate calendars so a lot of times we aren't on the same page. (Literally.)

I'm sure that as we have more kids and they get older, the problem will only get worse. **sigh**

[Heading off to put the calendar on my wish list...]

Mama10EE said...

We have dubbed that "mamanesia" (amnesia induced by motherhood) which is directly preceded in most cases by pregnesia. But even those without pregnesia can fall victim to mamanesia, as appears in your case. I swear it should be a medical diagnosis!