Sunday, September 21, 2008

Favorite Dinners!


I started menu planning about a year ago and it has truly been one of the single most effective things at helping me stay more organized about meals. We eat better, I'm not stressed, our budget has improved, and I have a chance to be more creative.

This week was overall good but the kids were sick so I never made it for my grocery shopping and Andrew had to work late a couple of nights. The new recipes didn't happen but we did still manage to have meals every night - most of them planned - though by the end of the week I was getting a little desperate as I pulled things out of the pantry and freezer. :) So here's the plan for this week:

Lentil Soup with a Curry Crema and Lentil Crackers, Pear & Apple Romaine Salad
Amy's Asian Lettuce Wraps, Fruit Salad
Taco Soup, Cucumber Salad, Applesauce or Apple Slices
Sweet 'n Tangy Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans or Broccoli, Rolls
Pizza, Veggies & Dip, Sliced Fruit

We will be at a wedding next weekend and we have at least one or two nights this week that one of us will be gone so I think this will do it! The first two are new recipes and the last three are family favorites...especially the Sweet 'n Tangy Pot Roast! It is sooo good and super easy! You can find more of our family favorites on my recipe blog.

Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu plans and favorite family recipes! Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Kate Ambrose said...

You inspire me, Alaina. I'm so overwhelmed right now that menu planning seems to be too much. But I know if I do it it'll actually relieve a lot of my stress.

Sounds like a yummy week. Want to cook extras for me!? :-)

Alicia said...

I definitely have to try that pot roast. I've been wanting a couple good crockpot recipes (and have a post asking for some coming up soon haha).

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing your menu! That pot roast sounds really good.

My Menu Plan

Michele said...

Yummy... Pot Roast and it just so happens that is on my menu this week... All the ingredients are things I have on hand so I think I'll give this one a try!

A Juggling Mum said...

Everything sounds so yummy! Have a great week :)

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

That roast sounds scrumptious! I'm going to add that to our menu for the near future.

What a great looking menu! THanks for sharing! :D

Sherry

mub said...

Your menu looks tasty! I am making taco soup this week too! Such good "it's starting to get chilly" food.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that lentil soup recipe sounds fantastic, as does the recipe for the crackers. Emeril knows his stuff. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!