Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Has Anyone Else Noticed?

I went to the store last night for a couple of things and couldn't help but think that grocery prices are escalating. I'm going to have to get back to couponing and menu planning! Our dollars just don't stretch as far these days.

We are exhausted but doing well. :) Nights are...interesting. I may have written before but we have a child that sleep walks nightly - sometimes multiple times a night. It may or may not coincide with feeding Ty. So we are up and down a lot. Hopefully all of that will get better - although it may be awhile before the sleep walking is outgrown. Thankfully all three boys tend to nap at the same time in the afternoon so that's my rest time, too. Sadly, naps for the boys are getting shorter. I think they are going to have to learn to have quiet reading time even if they don't sleep.

The boys have been begging for a trip to the zoo so maybe Friday or Saturday we will venture out. Ty has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning - he's almost 3 weeks old! He is such a joy and we are all delighted to have him in our family!

6 comments:

Jodee said...

I have definitely noticed! The economy is terrible!

Glad to hear things are going great!

Mama10EE said...

So glad to hear all the boys nap around the same time. I am sure you are exhausted! I too have noticed grocery prices skyrocketing. Our food budget has gone up over $100 a month...for the SAME stuff!

Loraena Tuttle said...

I certainly have noticed! Last year, my favorite frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts from Trader Joe's were 5.99 a bag - now they are $7.49! Lots of other things are like that too. I am definitely trying to be more frugal, but it isn't easy - especially when you're not used to it. Do you have tips for planning and shopping within a budget? (I know you're not busy or anything. =D )

Paula said...

Yes, its pretty pricey now. I had to give up on the coupons, Just couldn't juggle it with a toddler in tow.
So glad that your getting a bit of piece during the nap time. A friend of mine who has a 3 yr. old does that, if she doesn't want to sleep then she has to be quiet in her bed and read books.

Alaina said...

Loraena - I'll be happy to post on some things we do - though I am far from an expert... :) I'll work on a post about what works for us!

Amy K said...

I read an article in the Indy Star this week that talked about how several food companies are shrinking sizes AND raising prices. The ones I can remember are Skippy PB, Tropicana O.J., etc., etc. :-P