Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm Back...

I took a week off last week but I need to get back to menu planning. :) I'm still keeping it fairly simple - I should probably be putting things in the freezer to make life simpler with a new one. Well, maybe I'll get to it...that or we'll eat cereal and eggs for a couple weeks. :) Okay, yeah, I'll make it a priority!

We have a lot of tomatoes and pepper so we will be eating them for snacks and I will be featuring them in our menu plan. We will be having about 20 or so over on Friday night for the annual men's and women's fantasy football draft - we decided to order pizza. And I'm sure at least one night, Andrew will work late (or have a board meeting) so the kids and I will likely eat what we can easily scrounge up. :) So here are the five planned meals for this week (in no particular order):

- Hotdogs, Chips, Fruit, Veggies
- Pasta w/homemade sauce, Salad, Breadsticks (I'll probably add some garden fresh green peppers, use homegrown tomatoes and possibly add zuchini or sqash to the sauce)
- Grilled Steaks w/Grilled Veggies, Blueberry Muffins
- Lentil Stuffed Green Peppers (this will be my own creation - I'll post the recipe if it turns out!), Fruit Salad
- Egg Casserole w/spinach, tomato & cheese - probably no meat, Biscuits, Fruit

I'm adding an easy chocolate fondue recipe to my recipe blog. We made it for a shower this weekend and served it with angel food cake, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, marshmallows, brownies, waffle butter cookies, and almond butter cookies - so good!

As always, thanks to orgjunkie for hosting MPM every week! Hope you all have a wonderful week preparing meals for your family and may it bring you together around the table!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Thats sounds like a great idea to make some meals ahead of time and freeze them. I think I'll do that too. Its getting close for both of us !

Kim said...

Wow you certainly do like to entertain! We are going to miss our fantasy draft this year. :-( I wish I loved cooking as much as you do!

Jenna said...

Alaina... I can't believe I haven't read your blog since you got the phone call!! Congratulations... how exciting. Reading your post gave me chills. I can't wait to read/see all of the events unfold for you!