Monday, December 17, 2007

Open House

I wish I had taken pictures at the Open House on Saturday but I was too busy talking and keeping the food table full! :) Our day started with us losing power - yikes! We weren't sure what we were going to do if it didn't come back on but fortunately, we didn't have to actually plan an alternative. Instead, we worried about the weather. :) But even that didn't stop people from coming! We were so glad! We were blessed to have 50-60 people stop in, visit, and eat holiday treats.

The boys had a blast! Calvin terrorized his friend, Meredith, because he adores her - a little embarrassing for us when he made her cry. :) We are trying to teach him manners and personal space but alas, he's two. Don't worry, we'll keep working on it and hopefully we won't lose friends in the meantime. :) He also made some new friends and we hope to have a play date with them sometime soon! Patrick loved sneaking food from the table and playing with new friends, too! Thankfully, he was a little more subdued around the girls than his brother was. What are we going to do?!?!

It's always such a pleasure to have people in our home and I love an excuse to cook and bake! This year, I decided to try an antipasti platter (in addition to many other things) and it was so pretty! I loved the fresh, marinated, mozzarella balls - it also had marinated mushrooms, marinated vegetables, summer sausage, crusty bread, and tortellini. I made little bags of candy coated pretzels as gifts for everyone. All in all, a success.

The evening ended with 2 little boys on a major sugar high which didn't seem to end until today. :) It was worth it. My sister and brother-in-law stayed overnight since we knew the weather would be bad and we thought it would be fun to be snowed in together - it was. :)

6 comments:

Kate Ambrose said...

Sounds like the open house was a hit! I'm glad the weather didn't effect it too badly.

Your food sounds delicious! Way to make me hungry at 11 PM :-(

Paula said...

What a fun party. The antipasta platter sounds fabulous, I would have been hanging around that the whole time. How fun for the boys to have a party at their house and friends to play with. You are blessed beyond measure!

Heather L. said...

We loved your open house! And my favorite thing was your antipasti platter! Yum, yum, yum.

Kate Ambrose said...

Alaina,
I never know whether to respond in my blog or yours! :) I'm used to LiveJournal's interface... I need to get blogger figured out. (Which do you prefer? I'll post the same comment in both, and you let me know. Haha, I'm a dork!)

Dan & I adore traveling too, it's such a bonding time! Having two little ones makes it a lot harder to get away, I'd imagine. Hopefully, your trip will work out this spring! Where would you like to go?

Heather said...

I am so glad it turned out a big success. I wish I could have stayed longer to help.

Micah said...

The party was so fun! And the food was wonderful (of course :)!!! Thanks for having us!