Thursday, December 13, 2007

To-Do

Lately, I've felt a little run by my to-do list. It's a busy time of year and we have a lot going on - some planned and some not. :) Today for instance, I ran errands, taught 2 biology classes, woke Calvin up for speech therapy (not a good plan - took him 10 min. to allow me to leave the area), put together 10 gifts for our Bible Study kids this evening, packed Calvin's bag to spend the night at Nana's house since Patrick will go to the hospital early tomorrow morning for surgery, and I have yet to make dinner (pizza, which is easy) and host a Christmas party. I'm tired already. :) I suppose it doesn't help that I was up until the wee hours of the morning grading papers and finishing class preparations. Oh well.

I've been working hard to stay ahead for the week but not quite making it. :) We broke down and hired one of my sisters to thoroughly clean the house tomorrow and to entertain the boys Saturday morning. We just can't do it all and the kids come first - thus the early morning, unexpected surgery.

So, all that to say, the busy-ness continues and posting may be a bit scattered (or possibly non-existant) for the next few days. I'll for sure be back for menu planning; I don't know how I managed meals before starting weekly planning - definitely not well, I'm afraid.

Oh and my back is getting better every day - still sore but manageable. Thank you all for your kind words and concern. I'm going to work on more graceful landings and I must admit, I was glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has humbly planted herself on pavement.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Saturday! Anyone is welcome - Andrew is pretty sure we'll have enough food to feed an army! :) (If you need directions, feel free to e-mail or facebook me.)

2 comments:

Monica said...

Wow, you have had a week, and it's just beginning it seems:) Good for you hiring your sister to come and clean. Let us know how the surgery comes out. We'll be praying over here.

Paula said...

Praying for a good outcome on the surgery. Glad your back is better. One year we had a woman speaker at our church who said that the previous year she had broken her leg 2 weeks before Christmas. She said it turned out to be the best Christmas she and her family had ever had because it MADE her slow down. :)