Sunday, December 02, 2007

MPM: 12/3-12/10


Last week was one of the rare weeks that we ate almost everything I planned! We did not have the french toast casserole today so I will add that in another week; we ate leftovers instead. :) Most of the recipes were new, so here are the reviews:

Sweet Potato Lentil Stew - needed more seasoning which I added and changed on my blog. Andrew really, really liked this!
Irish Colcannon - it is a beautiful dish and a great way to get the whole family to eat greens. The combination of potato, kale, and egg was unique and tasty.
Apple Ham Bake - needs adjusted some; I don't think it needs the brown sugar and the next time I will add a little more curry. But it was good and the flavors were really great together! It would be perfect for brunch.
Spaghetti & Meatballs - I'm a little embarassed to admit that this the first time I've made homemade spaghetti sauce. I usually make my own meatballs and I've made other sauces just not marinara. This was a really good recipe. Andrew especially liked the meatballs (so did Calvin). It was easy and could probably be adapted for your crock pot. I think it would be extra good with fresh basil!

MondayChicken Curry over Sweet Potatoes, Salad
TuesdsayBlack Bean and Veggie Quesadillas, Peas, Chips & Salsa
Wednesday - Corn & Potato Chowder, Homemade Bread, Salad
ThursdayPizza, Fruit, Veggies, Cookies (Movie Night)
FridaySweet & Tangy Roast (in the crock pot), Catherine's Sweet Potato Cranberry Streusel, Green Beans, Orange Salad, Rolls, Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Saturday – My Grandparents 65th Anniversary Celebration (I’m taking fruit & cookies – my mom and aunts are doing the cooking for 60+!)
Sunday – Egg & Cheese Bagel Sandwiches, Fruit Salad

We will be having company this week! I'm so excited that my cousin, Leslie, will be spending Wednesday - Saturday with us! And several of my other cousins will be coming on Friday night for a fun-filled evening; some of them will be spending the night and then we will all head up for our grandparents' celebration. I can't wait! My family is an amazing blessing!

Anyway, all that to say that our menu reflects having company. :) Friday night will be dinner for a currently unknown number of people - roughly 10-16). Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu inspiration!

8 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I love curry. I will definitely have to take a gander at your recipe.

The Estrogen Files said...

Mmmmm - that Irish Colcannon looks yummy. Gonna have to try it. Enjoy your week!

Natalie said...

The sweet and tangy pot roast sounds good!

My Menu Plan is up too! :)

Michelle said...

The Irish Colcannon sounds delicious!Thanks for sharing all the wonderful recipes.Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Yum. what a delicious meal plan this week. Happy Monday.

Monica said...

I made the Sweet Potato Lentil Stew last week. It was a hit. I made a big pot of it early in the week and then had it for lunch several times which worked out perfectly. I only added a little more salt and it seemed just right to us.

Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

Have fun with your family visiting!

I love your menu this week. We love quesadillas over here, and that chowder looks delicious, too!

Enjoy that anniversary party. Congrats to them-it's amazing to be married 65 years!

Marye said...

That's funny! I am doing colcannon this week..altho mine is different.
your menu looks great.