Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Radish Report

Just wanted to say that the radishes were quite good. I tried them both when I cut them and the watermelon radish was definitely stronger and had more of the usual radish "bite." I combined the radishes with some sliced cucumber and put some seasoned salt, garlic powder, and celery seed on them as well as some real mayonaise (no miracle whip). The salt juices the cucumber some which thins the dressing. It was surprisingly tasty. So, next time you're in the market, try the radishes! Calvin loved them!

A watermelon radish is pictured - very beautiful inside!

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

I have never heard of watermelon radishes before -- they really are beautiful1!! I'll have to try one sometime.

Paula said...

That is the coolest looking radish I've ever seen. It sounds delish the way you prepared them. YUM-O