Sunday, June 22, 2008

Meals, Meals


I love to cook and create but lately, I've really just been wanting things that use fresh ingredients, simple techniques, and little time. So in that vein, this week will feature the grill, salads, and fruit. If the weather is nice, we will probably eat out on the deck most nights. So here's the plan:

Grilled Chicken, Zucchini, & Potatoes, Melon
Pesto Pasta, Salad, Strawberries
Vegetarian Pizza, Carrots, Melon
Bacon & Cheddar Burgers, Slaw, Fruit Salad
Grilled Steak & Spinach Salad w/balsamic vinagrette, Cherries

I'm going to stick with five meals this week - we will be going out with friends on Saturday night. I made this black bean couscous salad and we really liked it this week - I'll be eating leftovers of it for lunch this week. :) We will also enjoy a cheesecake I made for a luncheon but it didn't have enough time to chill so we did plan B - Andrew is happy about that since we don't have dessert very often!
A trip or two to the farmer's market are in the plans for this week. I'm hoping to try at least one new market and the menu may be modified based on our finds. As always, thanks to Laura for hosting MPM every week. Feel free to leave ideas, ask questions, give recipes or check out my recipe blog! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummmmmm!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about simple meals!

Heather L. said...

Did you see the sign at the Park friday for the farmer'smarket there/ i'm assuming that's the one you're going to try new! Hope it is good!

Jennifer said...

Simple is good! Your menu sounds wonderful.