Sunday, June 01, 2008

Birthday Fun!

This was truly one of my favorite birthdays! My kids were adorable about it being my birthday. Last night, I asked them if they knew what tomorrow was - Patrick reached up and touched my nose and said, "It's your birthday." I was so surprised! Calvin said, "Presents, Mama!!" Patrick then told me that they were giving me, "A movie (or mobie as he says) and M & M's." Calvin told me, "There's paper to rip." And they were right.

This morning I was awoken by the same great kids. :) After church, we came home and I started on meal stuff. When everyone started arriving, Calvin danced around the kitchen with his arms in the air singing, "Birthday party, birthday party!" When we finished eating, the boys decided it was time for presents. They were eager to help - Patrick opened a card and present for me and Calvin helped with unwrapping as well but he also confirmed who the presents were from. They were so cute about it. Calvin sang happy birthday when it was time for cake and Patrick looked on - he's a little nervous about singing publicly. :) This evening when the boys were playing outside, Calvin made me a sand cake and brought it to the deck. He was so proud. Patrick thought it was a great idea, so he made one, too. :)

All in all, a wonderful day spent with amazing people. I'm so blessed. I think this year will be an exciting one as I anticipate the big 3-0 next year. :)

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad it was such a good one for you!

Heather L. said...

So glad you had a happy day!

Monica said...

Happy birthday to you!! Those boys are too cute:)

Jenna said...

Happy birthday! What a great way to celebrate. It's always nice to have people around who appreciate a birthday party, especially the paper ripping part.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you...
And I'm so glad the boys made it so special...

Mama10EE said...

Happy Birthday Alaina! I am so glad you had a wonderful day. Your boys are so cute, and they obviously love you lots!

Amy K said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a great birthday! Don't kids enrich your life so much. All the frustrating and bad days are worth it in the end. :)