Sunday, June 08, 2008

This Week's Meals

It's here again...the beginning of another week. :) We will be headed out of town for the weekend on Friday afternoon so we will just have 4 dinners this week. I'll enjoy the break! So here's the plan:

- Salad topped w/Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken, Breadsticks (using my pizza dough recipe brushed w/olive oil and sprinkled w/parmesan cheese)

- Grilled Hot Dogs (I buy the nitrate-free ones at Costco), Baked Beans, Fruit

- Tofu Lo-Mein (using a recipe from a book I'm planning to review soon!), Fruit

- Mexican Lasagna, Corn, Chips & Salsa

Well, that's about it! Hopefully I'll get a chance to add several recipes to my recipe blog this week - we'll see. Check out orgjunkie.com for more plans or to post your menu plan. And as always, feel free to leave questions, ideas, recipes, or your own meal ideas. Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use the same baked bean recipe! It's really quite tasty =D

jennie said...

What brand of hot dogs do you buy? Do they contain sugar? If so how much? I buy the Applegate brand for the boys and they are quite pricey.

Alaina said...

Hey Jennie! They are Coleman Natural uncured beef hotdogs. No MSG, Nitrites or trates, gluten free, no antibiotics or added hormones. They have 1g of sugar - and it's evaporated cane juice & honey. They are delicious! Andrew is not a fan normally but he really likes these and the boys, of course, love them! :)

I think I pay less than $9 (maybe $8.50) for 3 packs of 8 each. A little pricey (compared to getting reg. ones on sale) but totally worth it!