Sunday, March 09, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I'm going to have a couple repeats from last week! This coming week is going to be super busy so I'm going to use the crockpot a couple of times and I'm also doing breakfast food (which we all love!) a couple of days!
Monday - Chili (crockpot), Cornbread, Applesauce (Mommy & the boys!)
Tuesday - Eggs w/cheese, Toast or English Muffin, Yogurt, Strawberries
Wednesday - Leftover chili (Daddy & the boys!)
Thursday - Tomato Gorgonzola Soup, Tuna Melts, Cantaloupe
Friday - Pizza (or Calzones - same recipe just different presentation :)), Chips, Carrots, Strawberries
Saturday - Corn & Potato Chowder (crockpot), Broccoli Salad, Brownies or Cookies
Sunday - Biscuits & Sausage Gravy, Fruit Salad or Yogurt
I guess this is soup week - it's been cold, so we'll enjoy it! Saturday night I'm hosting a ladies pitch-in farewell dinner for a friend - a couple of us are providing the soups, my mom is making rolls, and everyone else is bringing a salad or dessert to share. I'll probably make a salad and/or dessert depending on how many people etc.
Thanks to orgjunkie for hosting MPM every week! Happy cooking everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The crock pot is so handy when it is busy. I have at least that to look forward to with winter coming!

Niki Jolene said...

Biscuits with sausage gravy...yum!

Thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

Your menu looks so good!

Have a wonderful week!

Monica said...

I'm going to try the corn and potato chowder for a lunch this week. Sounds yummy!!

Monica said...

How many do you think the chowder would serve?

Erin K. said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment. :-) I'm glad I hopped over to yours because it led me to your recipe blog. That's one I'll definitely have to return to and spend some time browsing!

Alaina said...

Hey Monica- maybe 4 servings (5 at the most). You could easily double it but you definitely wouldn't have to double the bacon.

Unknown said...

I hope you have a terrific time. Thank goodness for the crockpot. I used mine today for Chili. It was so easy to brown the meat and assemble it while I was upstairs during lunch.