Sunday, March 30, 2008

What's For Dinner This Week...

Last week went pretty well. We finally tried the Tomato Soup (thanks to, Amy!) but I had to substitute a couple of things - it was great anyway! I'll definitely make it again. Instead of bean burritos, I decided to try making my own version of Mexican Lasagna - it was a hit! I added the recipe to my recipe blog. I also made up an Egg & Potato Scramble which we all liked. I enjoyed cooking this week and felt more inspired than I have for awhile - hopefully it will continue. :)

My sister and brother-in-law are living with us for the next couple of weeks while waiting to sign the lease on their new apartment so we will enjoy having them here and we will be making more food. :) Here's the plan for this week:

MONDAY - Chicken Noodle Soup, Applesauce, Fresh Bread
TUESDAY - Chicken & Broccoli Stir fry, Brown Rice, & Baked Wontons w/this filling
WEDNESDAY - Tacos, Corn, Coleslaw
THURSDAY - Meatloaf, Garlic Red-Skin Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Apple Cinnamon Muffins
FRIDAY - Pizza, Chips, Grapes, Veggies & Dip (for the kids & sitter the rest of us will be out!)
SATURDAY - Leftover or whatever meal doesn't happen :)
SUNDAY - Breakfast Bowls (this topped w/ this minus the ham & sausage gravy)

Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu plans! Have a wonderful week!

12 comments:

Connie said...

Your menu looks great!

I can't wait to try our meatloaf with the oatmeal in it...my family loves meatloaf and I love trying a new recipe each time.

Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

The breakfast bowls look yummy.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe for Taco Seasoning, I have never made my own but have wanted to.

Leeann said...

How gorgeous are your kids?
You have an absolutely beautiful family!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've bookmarked yours to come by and check out some of the recipes this week.
:-)

Have a wonderful week!
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Maggie M. said...

thanks for the comment! your menu looks great - not only do I have a terrible sweet tooth, but I also have a habit of turning breakfast food into dinner. yum :)

Kate said...

Thanks so much for sharing. Your menu looks awesome. I'm definitely going to try that wonton filling. We really like those around here, especially my husband and I as "date night" food while watching a movie. Also, your breakfast bowls sound so good. That is pure comfort food to me!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

The baked wontons sound really good! I've wanted a recipe for those!!

Thanks for sharing!

A Juggling Mum said...

You have lots of yummy things to eat on this weeks menu. Thanks for the recipes :)

Have a great week,

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

Anonymous said...

Sunday's breakfast looks good. I think I might have to try it.

Niki Jolene said...

The breakfast bowl sounds yummy! We do a breakfast for dinner once a week, so I'll have to try that out one of these times.

Thanks for sharing!

:)

Sandra said...

Yum, everything looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Mine is up too

Sandra♥

Nicole said...

Yummy menu! :) I love tomato soup- especially with grilled cheese. YUMMO!