Monday, March 03, 2008

Parenting Woes

The boys are in bed thus ending Day 2 of very tough parenting. I'm exhausted! This isn't the first time I've written about a challenging day but it seems to come in spurts. Even at our delightful play date with Catherine and her kids, both of my boys were quite disobedient at times. They have willfully defied us, been extremely unkind to one another, and completely ignored the basic rules that they have known for quite awhile. I'm not sure I can take another day of it. I'm praying for rest and renewed patience. As we prayed with the boys this evening before bed, we prayed for obedience to us and kindness towards one another.

Tomorrow is a new day...I'm so glad.

6 comments:

Monica said...

Know that you are doing a great job. This is the kind of parenting that is going to shape and mold these boys- loving discipline and prayer. They will learn and you'll be so blessed. Hang in there. I'll pray tomorrow that you'll see at least a glimmer of hope.

Heather L. said...

I'm so sorry things are so hard right now with the boys. i hope that they will settle down a bit, and you will have a breather. I'm sure it's compounded by the fact that they are both going through the same age and stage at the very same time. Keep up the good work, and I'll be praying for you too.

Barbie said...

I am sorry you are having a rough time of it. It does seem to come in spurts doesn't it. I pray you all get rested and have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Paula said...

I know my days are coming, since we are going to try and adopt again ~and they may be close in age. Thanks for posting about this, I like to hear what you do. Praying both for yourself to have patience and with the boys is HUGE.
Youre doing a great job! These boys ARE your ministry.

Kate Ambrose said...

The amazing thing to me is that with two boys so close together in age these posts are so few and far between!

It's obvious to me you've done an amazing job as a mother to those two, but that doesn't mean that reality sets in sometimes. I'm sorry it's a tough time right now, but thankfully this too shall pass!

Amy K said...

I'm glad to hear that things got better after a few days. I have days like this too and usually when I'm in the middle of them I think things will NEVER get better. It's hard to see any light on the horizon. The amazing thing is that usually things do get better after a few days. The cycles of parenting a toddler. And, in your case, two of them!! I just think it's a very trying stage. Hang in there!