Friday, January 18, 2008

Blogging with a Purpose


My blog friend, Barbie, very kindly awarded me the blogging with a purpose award. I have loved reading Barbie's blog since the moment I discovered it. We share a faith, both are adoptive moms and both have sons with clefts. She amazes me with her ability to manage her family of 7 and her wonderful photography skills. Her heart for the Lord is evident through her writing and life. So thanks, Barbie! I'm passing this on to 5 others that I have appreciated as they have blogged with a purpose.

Monica, of Shineagain, has been a wonderful friend over the years and I love reading her blog. She shares her life through anecdotes, scripture, and pictures and it is so fun to read. She has challenged me in my personal walk with the Lord and I consider her one of my mentors. She has 7 children and she is a wife, mother, homemaker, teacher, and nurse.

Stephanie, of Facts, Facets, Fancies, & Fairytales, is not only my sister but one my best friends. She is new to blogger world and I'm so glad she joined! She is a writer and her blog is one of her creative outlets for her writing. She is witty and writes stories, shares from her life, and notices things that many of us would miss.

Heather, of Blackberry Rambles, is a creative and artistic foodie. We share many interests that range from cooking to reading. Her blog is a refreshing read as she shares her recipes, food photos, cute kids, and artistic ventures. Her joy and peace amidst trials have been a challenge to me.

Amy, of Kevin & Amy's World, isn't afraid to address topics head-on and intermixes them with stories and pictures of her adorable daughters. She looks at issues in an intelligent and thoughtful way. And she has challenged me in my thinking!

Jenna, of The World of Jenna, is a first year theater professor. We used to work together at a living history museum and became reaquainted through blogging which is a very happy thing since we now live hundreds of miles apart! I love reading about her teaching, costuming, cute pets, and life. She is passionate about theater and gives her all to her students.

Award Rules (as passed on to me :)):

1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.
2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
3. In their post about the award they need to link back to this original post.
4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to this site, Eric.

6 comments:

Paula said...

Congratulations, very well deserved.

Kate Ambrose said...

Jenna??! Wow.

It's a blast from the past. Another one of the "college girls" from my CP days. Too fun! :)

Heather L. said...

Thanks, Alaina!

Monica said...

I'm honored and having fun writing a post to forward to award along. Thanks:)

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the award! Although I can be an inconsistent blogger, I do in fact enjoy it. However, I don't faithfully read even 5 blogs, so not sure how I'm going to pass along this award.

Unknown said...

I just went to Stephanie's blog. I really like it!
Congratulations on the award!
BTW, Monica is a member of my homeschooling group, and she IS awesome!