Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cookies

I made some new cookies yesterday and was so pleased with how they turned out that I had to share. I wanted to use oatmeal, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips. So, I looked up an oatmeal cookie recipe and adapted it for my ingredients and then glazed the finished cookie with a cinnamon vanilla glaze. They were crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside - my favorite. Everyone at this house loved them!

I've not experimented very much with baking - mostly because I have not studied the science behind it enough to know what's required to make a recipe work. It's an area that I'd like to explore more. And I'm an awful food photographer (which is why you will almost never see pictures of what I make), so please pardon the glare. I'd like to improve...

I'm adding this recipe to my recipe blog here. It's definitely one I'll make again and perhaps experiment with less sugar etc. What's happening in your kitchen - any recent kitchen successes (new recipe, experiment, or just a great meal)? I truly love hearing about what other people are making!

4 comments:

Heather L. said...

Everyone here loved them too!

Monica said...

Wow, these look wonderful! Perfect with a hot cup of tea, a blanket and a book.

I've been striking out on great meals, but we made some yummy microwave caramel corn last time. Just the perfect mix of salty and sticky. Yum.

Monica said...

I really should proof read. I meant to say we had it last night. And that it's over on my recipe blog.

Paula said...

the cookies look great. I want to eat one right now. My sweet and sour crock pot chicken turned out really good. The frozen chicken was the ticket.