Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Week in Meals...



Just wanted to give a brief report on the fish from last week - EXCELLENT! We loved it and I will definitely use the recipe again; it was very easy. The couscous was very good also - I made it into a pilaf with carrots and peas. The boys thought it was awesome!

One of my friends wrote a post about soup last week and I decided that we should have soup a couple of times this week. It's been cold and it's such a comforting food!

MONDAY: Lentil Tomato Soup, Salad, Bread
TUESDAY: Quesadillas, Chips & Salsa, Yogurt
WEDNESDAY: Whole Grain Waffles, Bacon, Fruit
THURSDAY: Beef & Black Bean Soup, Salad, Biscuits
FRIDAY: Out w/friends
SATURDAY: Pizza, Veggies, Jello Jigglers
SUNDAY: Leftovers

Andrew will have a busy week, so I'm keeping the menu simple. The two soups are new recipes for the week and both are done in the crockpot - my favorite! I'll put the bread in the bread machine for Monday. Saturday night will be a movie night - we haven't had one for awhile and with the busy week, we will be ready to relax as a family. Hope you have a wonderful week of cooking! And ss always, feel free to ask questions, leave suggestions, or tell what you are having this week! Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu plans.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Your menu sounds delicious!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Paula said...

Looks like a yummy week. I'm getting into the crock pot more now too. Its nice to have it all done in the morning.

Unknown said...

Alaina,

I came across a soup I love this past week. I found it on all recipes (of course). It is called "mulligatawny". Just look for the one with 5 stars and over one hundred reviews.
Love,
rita

Alaina said...

Rita, I will totally do that! Thanks for the recommendation! Hope you guys are doing well - we should get together! Love ya.

Sandra said...

Great menu, thanks for sharing!

Sandra

My Menu Plan

Monica said...

The black bean soup looks delicious. I'm going to try that one.

Paula said...

Consider yourself TAGGED!!
go to my blog :)